More, mucho, More

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Two Songs On My Mind

~In Shallow Seas We Sail _ by Emery~
I got eyes in the back of my head and I see where you're going with this.
I'm not surprised. You take me for a fool. Maybe you're right.
If I was wiser I would not have let myself come here tonight.

You're such a sap. You never learn.
Here I am watching the summer fading. (The summer we shared fades away with the winter)Your hands were warm on my face. Now they're crashing away. (Your hands were cold now...)Slowly pushing me away. Pushing me away. (Slower than icy veins slowly pushing me away)

I knew it (I knew it) right from the start.
I've got this big, big hole in my heart.
I wanted (I wanted) to put you in.
But for some reason you just wouldn't fit.
You just wouldn't fit.

You're such a sap. You never learn.
Here I am watching the summer fading. (The summer we shared fades away with the winter)Your hands were warm on my face. Now they're crashing away. (Your hands were cold now...)Slowly pushing me away. Pushing me away. (Slower than icy veins slowly pushing me away)Pushing me away.

Lust kept giving men so many regrets.
Just this once is what we tell ourselves.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.

Ships don't sink if they have wind in their sails.
But if the wind fails, is there hope for me? (I guess your love...)I thought your love was safe. The promise you made...(wasn't so safe, the promise you made...)

Now I am drowning in your shallow sea; I swim.
(you are the storm, the wind and the waves.
you break me in two and toss me away)

You are the waves that toss me in.
(I fell apart when I fell for you)

How can I float above the water that fills my lungs?
(you are the water filing my lungs,
killing me softly without a word)

Killing me softly without a word.
(Without a word...)

~Crumble to Pieces _ by Phil Wickham~
You raise me beyond the skies, into a city of eternal light
Looking down on the stars, I fly into heaven, caught up in your arms

I Breathe Your fragrance, taste your goodness,
Crumble to pieces
Into Your love
In Your presence all my existence
Crumbles to pieces
Into Your love

I’m speechless what can I say
Words become tears
As You wipe them away
All my kisses and crowns at your feet
Fire of heaven burn love over me

It’s such a beautiful story
I’m face to face with the King of glory
You rescued someone unworthy, I know this is love

..Two very different bands, genre of song. Yet they both are christian and they both sing about love..

No comments:

Post a Comment